Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gixxer_54

FS2002 Never works right

Guest Gixxer_54

HeyaI just got a new computer recently (AMD 1800 XP, Radeon 8500LE, 768 ram, volcano 7 fan, 2x 80 gig) but FS wont run for more than say 30 mins in full screen. What usually happens is i would go to look left or right out the window and it black screens, and freezes my whole computer. has anyone else had this problem, or am i plagued and cant play fs till next one is released? :xany help or advice would be great, as i want to fly but i cant :/

Something like this is almost always tied to HW in some fashion, and usually heat or the power supply is the culprit. Sometimes, a cpu can have "too much cooling." What I mean by that, is sometimes the flow of air in the case is such that a pocket of stale air is created around the cpu. The way to prove or disprove this is to fly with the case open, and a small table fan blowing directly over the cpu.Second issue to watch out for is memory. All chips should be the same brand, and you might have to swap a few chips between the banks to identify one that is unstable. I have one chip on my MB that is only happy in a specific slot. Go figure. I guess it doesn't like the neighbors :)Last issue could be power supply. If you have any USB products, try flying without them, to seen if things become a bit more stable.Back to cooling though--that is most important. Only time I've ever had the type of problem you mention is when I've allowed my study to get too hot. Now I always augment cooling with a table fan in the summer, as my study faces west and the setting sun in Phoenix is brutal behind a window, even with AC....-John

Guest firehawk44

I would suspect you have a problem with either your video card drivers and/or sound card drivers. You might try uninstalling them and reinstalling. Make sure you have the latest and greatest drivers. Another problem may be the sound card IRQ memory address. I recall having a similiar problem with my Audigy Game soundcard and moved the card to another PCI slot on my MB. That fixed the problem.If you're having problems with FS crashing now, I doubt the new version will fix your problem. Good luck,Jim

What OS are you using? I used to have freezeups and reboots all the time under ME, but recently upgraded to XP and none of that anymore (keeping fingers crossed)

Guest Gixxer_54

hmm thanks guys i'll try this.im using XP btw.Adam