Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest kadam

Haze on Clear Days

Hi everyone,I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding ASX. On a clear day, I will have a layer of clouds or haze between 4-6000 feet. It makes it look like a cloudy day even though its not. If I run the FSX weather engine, its bright, sunny,and clear. Does anybody else have this problem and if so how can we fix it? Otherwise, ASX is a great porduct!! Thanks for your help.Ken

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ken,Welcome!I would say that you are seeing the ugly haze layer that is in FSX. One fix is to use X Graphics and there are some clear textures that remove this. Also, ASA has the option to remove this layer. I am not sure, but there may be some freeware textures that do this as well, but I am not aware of any.Thanks,

Hi Jim,Thank you for the reply. I was looking at ASA this morning and I will look into X Graphics as well. I agree, that haze layer is very undesirable. I have noticed that many people use X Graphics, REX, and FEX all together. Is that really necessary to have all three? What would you recommend? Thanks again for the help.

Hi,All three? No, I think that is over-kill. Two, I can understand.Thanks,