Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

fs2002 panels

I am haveing some problems with "panels" in fs2002. This just started couple of weeks ago. I pull up an panel,it is mostly covered in colored "dots" It is hard to read the instruments, although not impossable.This condition will "pop" in and out for a few minutes,once I get in the air,its a lot better.is something failing in the game,or what??Ray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I recently had a similar problem with my panels. I could not remember doing anything to my computer that would have caused this problem. With some experimintation, I finally got into the "settings" section of my FS2002 and went to the display area. I eliminated my problem by unchecking the "anti alias" box in the display area. The coarse color dots on the panels went away and (knock on wood) have never come back. I don't know if this procedure will solve your problem, but is sure is worth a try.Buzz Jamesonbuzzmcs@accesstoledo.com

On my system I have to have 4 conditions present to get the discoloration, if any one is changed the panel is fine.The only time I get the discoloration is if 1-fsaa in used2-16 bit is used3-the outside view window is not full screen (most panels only have a partial outside view, an exception is the Bell206)4-text is on screenThe easiest solution is to turn off fsaa or switch to 32 bit.Kurt M