im new to ASA advance and FSX and i have read the documentation and i have downloaded and redownloaded SP1 and SP2.i have everything mapped correctlly on my com, in fact i ran fs9 without any problems at.my set up is i have FSX on the main com and i run ASA , fscommander, radar contact , on the second com.as i upgraded to FSX i had to remapp my drives to certain folders and all the other sofware except for ASA worked great.now i get this error saying you must have FSX SP1 or SP2 Simconnect client installed.i have sp1 and sp2 on my com, so as a new person exploring FSX , im not for sure what and where to go from here.ASA will load just fine until it gets to the end of the bar and i will get this error.do i have to mapp it to another folder.Thanks.........Robert

Hi Robert,Pretty sure those other programs use FSUIPC so we can't compare those.Did you follow all the steps in the Networking Chapter in ASA?Remember you need the SDKs 1, 1A and 2 for FSX. 1 is from the DVD and the other 2 are downloaded from Microsoft.You also need Simconnect installed on the client com. That is one of the steps in the networking chapter.Please let us know what steps you have carried out in that chapter.Thanks,

Hi Robert,Pretty sure those other programs use FSUIPC so we can't compare those.Did you follow all the steps in the Networking Chapter in ASA?Remember you need the SDKs 1, 1A and 2 for FSX. 1 is from the DVD and the other 2 are downloaded from Microsoft.You also need Simconnect installed on the client com. That is one of the steps in the networking chapter.Please let us know what steps you have carried out in that chapter.Thanks,
thanks for the reply , i see now if im correct that with asa and FSX you must use simmconnect.all the files as for being mapped is done, but im a little confused about the simconnect, xml , how do you modify this file.i see the cfg file and i can modify that file , is that correct, and do i place both of those files in the correct folder.also where is the ini file , i see the sinconnect cofig file is that the ini file .as i said this is the first time running FSX and i do use fsuipc for radar contac and flightsim commander and i did use it for ASA, but now that i upgraded to fsx i now must use simmconnect to run ASA.thanks..Robert

Hi,If you click on our sample .xml file, Internet Explorer should open the file and then you can edit it and save it.Yes, you place the files in the correct folders.The simconnect.ini file can be left alone for now.I hope that answers those questions. Please ask if you need more help.Thanks,

Hi,If you click on our sample .xml file, Internet Explorer should open the file and then you can edit it and save it.Yes, you place the files in the correct folders.The simconnect.ini file can be left alone for now.I hope that answers those questions. Please ask if you need more help.Thanks,
i know this is a dumb question but how do you edit a xml file, i never done that before.are you talking about the simconnect.xml file you are wanting to edit.thanks..........Robert

Hi,Yes, the simconnect.xml file.What happens when you double click on that file? A Internet Explorer window should open and you can edit the file.Keep us updated!Thanks,