Sign in to follow this  

Emergency simulator

Hi,Are there any FS addons that re-create emergencies. ie, engine fires. I know you can set FS2k2 to shut down a part of the plane within a certain time but this is not very realistic.I have searched but found nothing!Martyn

Guest Macs

Nope,Unfortunetly M$ hasnt allowed the Sim to get this realistic yet...Perhaps in FS2006? ;)There are Programs out there where failures happen without setting a timer,the programs actaully monitor Wear and Tear and can fail just about any part of the plane.2 programs that come to mind are:-FS MAINTAINENCE(Which includes a money scheme aswell)www.logoonline.com-Fs Alert!!(Payware version should be coming out real soon,but I found that the freeware version,AKA ALERT LITE, did nothing for me)Made by a company called Flight Tech,but I cant find the address Hope this helpsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 650Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...;indicator=AP1" alt="My Current VATSIM Status">

Guest lawyerpilot

After spending time in the full motion MD-90 and MD-11 sims at Boeing in Long Beach, I can say that Lonny Payne's 757 panel, and the 757 air file of your choice, pretty well demonstrates the most potentially catastrophic failures: v1 cut, fires, etc. Works pretty well. Gives you the bells and whistles, must conduct a flow to resolve, and it does change the performance of the aircraft when the engine fails. Particularly at a cut just after v1.P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -241 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest mikehaska

I believe that many would argue that the 767PIC package from Wilco is the undisputed king of failure programming. It will simulate all types of problems (engine failures, system failures, electrical problems...etc) and will accurately recreate the steps needed to fix the problem. You can check out more at their website. Be forewared, though, that it is a patched FS2000 product, so it doesn't have the modern features or functions, but it is still a very good panel.www.wilcopub.com

Thanks. I'll look into them.Martyn