Sign in to follow this  

Exploding Tires w/ a PSS 777... spoilers not armed

Hi Folks,finally found some time ty fly after a long period of absence. This time the great PSS 777 package which I combined with the meljet 777 according to the pssmeljet.zip file in the avsim library. So, on my flight from EGLL to EDDM, I first had some difficulties on final approach, loosely follwing the PSS tutorial for altitude/speed guidance (which actually used CYYZ -> CYYZ as a route). Problems occured on short final on an alt of 4800 intercepting the localizer and entering APPR mode on the AP... I lost altitude fast (at a rate of >1500 fpm) and disconnected the AP... only to make a nice crater in the ground (poor folks down there). This plane has a very narrow margin for error, you need to adhere exactly to Vapp and only make minor, gentle corrections... Anyway, Then I realized "hey, just give it one more try, and dont be discomforted by the AP's initial sluggishness and apparent loss of (vertical) control. And voila --- it all went well. It first lost the Glideslope, then recaptured it and flew the plane in nicely. BUT: On touchdown the spoilers did not arm. I set the lever on "armed" (down from "down") but got no feedback on the lower EICAS landing checklist. And as expected, they did not deploy. So I braked hard, and the tires overheated and probably exploded in real life. I even did not know if I had reverse thrust... the visual model indicated that (engine casing opening a little) but again no feedback on upper EICAS.Is this my fault or maybe a meljet/pss incompatibility issue? Hope I did not bore you with my story... anyway, it is a pleasure to fly again.cu,celticmatrix

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!