Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crunchman

ASA ugrade to asv6.5 "fsx stopped working

Guest Crunchman

over the last two weeks I;1. Upgraded PC hardware2. upgraded to Vista Business complete install3. installed fsx then;UTXusaleveld 767SF 260all is fine. until....8:04 PM 4/1/2009Couldn't get as 6.5 to work from original installre-downloaded and installed so I could upgrade to ASAafter installing active sky advanced I find that AS6.5 is still installed and I get:fsx has stopped workingProblem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 0006da6d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: badc0de1 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 1703 Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9 Additional Information 3: 1344 Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Hi,Sorry for the problem.We don't add anything to FSX with either program. However I did do a Google Search of BEX error and it seems to come from Vista itself. You can test this by uninstalling our stuff and then seeing if this error goes away. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know.Thanks,

Guest Crunchman
Hi,Sorry for the problem.We don't add anything to FSX with either program. However I did do a Google Search of BEX error and it seems to come from Vista itself.
Jim, You appear to be quite right. I had forgotten I'd installed Instant Scenery at about the same time I'd installed ASA. Uninstalled IS, and FsX cranked right up. Reinstalled IS as confirmation....same error, Uninstalled IS again, and FsX and ASA was fine. Sorry...note to Avsim....is anyone having IS related hangs/crashes?Thanks for your speedy response JimReed