Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dakrisht

GTX Quick Question

Hey everyone,So I've been spending quite some time trying to tweak FSX for smooth flight on my system. Unfortunately, my 9800GTX+ is not keeping me happy. So I've had enough with it :(I want to be able to fly with smooth FPS (26-30fps) with Very Dense or even Extreme Dense sliders.Should I just go to my local Fry's and pick up an EVGA GTX 260?The price is great, under $200 and when I can afford it, I'll pick up the 1896MB GTX-275 :(I'm on a 24" monitor running 1920x1080 and I feel that my current 9800GTX+ simply isn't suited for FSX under these settings...Some quick thoughts on the GTX-260 (I'm aching to go and get this puppy)There's also the GTX-285 but that card is over $300 and I feel that GTX-275 coming soon will be a much better card...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Went ahead and ordered the EVGA GTX-260 Superclocked Edition - great price from newegg as always, can't wait to try this puppy on FSX...Buffer pools, here I come... :(Love EVGA's step-up program too, looking forward to their upcoming 1796MB GTX-275 when it's released...

Went ahead and ordered the EVGA GTX-260 Superclocked Edition - great price from newegg as always, can't wait to try this puppy on FSX...Buffer pools, here I come... :(Love EVGA's step-up program too, looking forward to their upcoming 1796MB GTX-275 when it's released...
Hi, I have a GTX285 and the BufferPools have done nothing as far as I can tell. Maybe you will benefit. I tried 200,300, 80,450 meg respectively, and see no difference in the sim whatsoever. I do have 8 gig of Ram running Vista 64 with a QX9650 OC'd to 3.95, so maybe that has something to do with it.I still have the micro stutters. They are a very high frequency stutter. Not sure if it is the driver or what, but nothing so far has helped. Good luck, let us know how you like it.Bob