Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest baddog5

Flight & Graphics Question

Greetings all. I have two questions relating to FSX which I hope someone can help me with. I have FSX installed with the Acceleration pack, FS Genesis mesh, Ground Environment X, Ultimate Terrain X, Real Environment Extreme and MyTraffic 5.2. I'm pretty happy with my frame rates on my i7 with 512mb ATI 4850 card. I get between 28-40 frames during normal flight with the lock on unlimited. As I approach a busy airport it can drop down a bit, but that is a trade-off I'm willing to make for a more AI traffic.My first question, despite decent framerates, the autogen scenery doesn't look natural. As I'm flying over an area, I can see trees, etc. popping up all around me as I fly. It's nothing major, but is a bit annoying. I fly mainly in virtual cockpits. This isn't as prevalent when using the spot view but I think that has more to do with the angle. Is this normal and is there any way to smooth this out? I have done most of the tweaks in Nick's tweak guide.My second question....and I'll will admit to having never flown a real airplane. I've been flying the default Cessna 172 to try and get the feel back after not having flown in FS for about 3 years. I don't know if this is related to Real Environment Extreme and the real-time weather, but when flying, it is not uncommon for my plane to get hit with a cross-wind (or what I can assume is a cross-wind) and get violently moved sometimes 5 to 10 degrees off course. Again, never having flown, I don't know if this is accurate or not, but it seems pretty extreme. Is this common in real flight...in the sim...or is something causing an issue?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Autogen popping up is something you will have to get used too... Nothing you can really do about that.Winds can indeed be pretty violent! Maybe you can change the maximum amount of wind in REX (so it won't be so severe as it is in real life).

Yeah, you have to get used to the popping Autogen. I've been tweaking my system for weeks, even upgraded to the GTX-260 because my 9800GTX+ wasn't doing it for me but the popping up situation is unavoidable.Since a lot of us love playing with Very Dense / Extreme Dense autogen, your CPU/GPU simply cannot render all of those buildings 50 miles out. It's not that bad, you actually will get used to it.The winds, well that's part of flying! Makes the sim more of sim. Try flying around SoCal with Santa Ana winds at 40mph+ :(