Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

Configuring ASX For Networking

Guest machammer

I have configured Simconnect for networking with ASX.The client computer is my old FS computer with FSX installed and ASX. I have installed FSX on my new computer and want to use ASX networked from my old computer. I did a regedit and don't see the following in the Hifi/XEngine section.If you need to manually specify these locations, you can edit the registry key values (on the client machine) as follows:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HiFi\XEngine\LastPlanPath: Set this to your desired flight plan folder, which should be shared on the FSX computer as \\fsxcomputername\Flight Simulator X Files HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HiFi\XEngine\FSPath: Set this to your desired Flight Simulator X installation path, which should be shared on the FSX computer as \\fsxcomputername\Flight Simulator X HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HiFi\XEngine\AppDataPath: Set this to your desired FSX AppData Path, which should be shared on the FSX computer as \\fsxcomputername\FSXI only see "install_Path REG_SG c:\Program Files\HiFi\XEngine\".How do I add the above keys manually to the register?Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Hi,You need to completely remove FSX from the client computer, including any registry entries. Then do the proper shares across the network and the proper SDK installs. Last, do the setups of all the necessary files. Manually editing the registry is hardly ever needed.Thanks,

Guest machammer
Hi,You need to completely remove FSX from the client computer, including any registry entries. Then do the proper shares across the network and the proper SDK installs. Last, do the setups of all the necessary files. Manually editing the registry is hardly ever needed.Thanks,
Jim,Thanks for your quick reply. Is it possible to uninstall ASX and reinstall pointing the location of FSX to the new computer? Leaving FSX installed on the old one. I am using FSX on the old computer as a reference for installing scenery and aircraft, etc. on the new computer.Thanks.Bill

Hi Bill,The issue is that you will have SimConnect installed in 2 different places on the client and AS is not going to know which to communicate with. I am not sure if you can configure things in the Network Setup to differentiate between the two. But you are free to give things a try and see what happens. Just be aware of what may happen!Thanks,

Guest machammer

Jim,I think the best way for me to handle this is to install ASX and Xgraphics on a other computer that does not have FSX installed. Am I licensed to do this? If so how would I go about doing it?Below is my order information.Date: May 31, 2007 11:04:45Order id: #220290Thank You.Bill

Hi Bill,Yes you can do this if you have your download .exes. If not, please drop me an e-mail: jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,