Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lilpianoman

i7 vs. C2D in FSX

not worried about money issues, but which is better...planning on XTREME OVERCLOCKING i.e. E8400@4.0, E8400@4.1, i7 920@3.8Which would be better if i'm only playing FSX, FS9, and using the internet!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If money isn't an issue, why go for the low end Core i7? Go for the i7 965! You don't even need to overclock it to be able to beat the s**t out of all C2Ds and all AMD CPUs, including the latest AMD Phenom II X4 955.

If money isn't an issue, why go for the low end Core i7? Go for the i7 965! You don't even need to overclock it to be able to beat the s**t out of all C2Ds and all AMD CPUs, including the latest AMD Phenom II X4 955.
ok, maybe NOT THAT MUCH MONEY.....like the i7 920 would be the highest I could go

not worried about money issues, but which is better...planning on XTREME OVERCLOCKING i.e. E8400@4.0, E8400@4.1, i7 920@3.8Which would be better if i'm only playing FSX, FS9, and using the internet!
I'd go for the i7 (D0 stepping). With a good cpu cooler you may overclock it to 4Ghz :(Edit: Get yourself a fast graphics card too. No point in getting a fast CPU if your other system components can't keep up. A GTX 280 or 285 will make a difference.