Sign in to follow this  

AI Aircraft in ATC Loop

In the last month or so, I've run into a problem with AI aircraft being given a frequency change, only to have them check back in to the same frequency and be told to change again.As an example, this morning's flight from Atlanta to Valdosta:Valdosta Aproach (on 133.7): Landmark 9651, contact Valdosta approach on 119.52.Landmark 9651: Roger, 119.52Landmark 9651 (still on 133.7): Valdosta approach, Landmark 9651 is with you.Valdosta Approach: Roger, Landmark 9651, altimeter is 2997.Valdosta Approach:Landmark 9651, contact Valdosta approach on 119.52.This continues over and over again until I am finally handed off to another frequency. This does not happen on every flight, but often enough to be truly annoying. I am using only the default AI aircraft, set to about 50%. It happens with or without Real Weather, WXre weather, FSNAV flight plans, and has happened with default and 3rd party aircraft.Any ideas?Dale

Guest ssurjap

It could be several explanations.One is because it's one of the "bugs" of the ATC system. If, after the handoff,the plane changes a few feet, it will be handed off to the other frequency.Here's an example.You're at 10,000 descending to 9000 feet. Seattle Center, switches you to approach. However, because of turbulence or windshear, you go back up to 10,500, which is Seattle Center's "airspace". You switch to Center, but because you're going down to 9,000, Center switches you back to Approach.Steve

Steve,Thanks for the reply. It's possible - I usually fly with either Wxre or "real" weather. I'll try the next few flights with no weather and see if it happens again. Still, htere is no lag time between the ATC handoff and the AI aircraft coming back on the original frequency - but who knows what AI aircraft do when off frequency? Perhaps they contact ATC on the new frequency and are handed back almost instantly.Dale