Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cochise

How to turn off FSX default .bgl files?

Hi guys, I tried using the search function but didn't come up with anything. I wanted to know if it's possible to turn off the FSX generic scenery in order to just run tileproxy over the top of it. I know that the airports will not be detailed and runways may not be in the same place but is this possible and if so how would you do it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi guys, I tried using the search function but didn't come up with anything. I wanted to know if it's possible to turn off the FSX generic scenery in order to just run tileproxy over the top of it. I know that the airports will not be detailed and runways may not be in the same place but is this possible and if so how would you do it?
Turning off default BGLs would be through the scenery library.The thing is, you'd have to *know* which folder contains which parts of the standard scenery.To find out what a BGL file contains, get the terrain SDK, in particular the tmfviewer. It loads BGLs and displayswhat is inside. I am not sure if vector data, like airports, is part of a BGL.Christian