Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jolly

Incredible

Guest Jolly

Just wanted to jump in and say or give my gratitude to mr. Buchner.Been fiddling with flight sims and anything that resembled flight sim since 1990 and my first 286 machine.Im a computer programer although studied hardware. Never ever something like this impresed me so much. Probably not so much in technical sense than the end result.Its just incredible, im sure many and many had the same idea, but noone had time, will, commitment, knowledge, urge, enthusiasm , devotion,passion and love for flight to do this.I congratulate you dear sir, you made my first decade in 21st century complete.wish you all best Thanks to all forum members too, i would never get the tileproxy to work without them. Thrust me manual is not enaugh to have fun and feel for the thing.One needs thoughts , opinions , experiences of others.A very big Thank you all p.s.I just started on a project (government issued drivers licenses) with many pics included, and while thinking and studying whats comming, just had a thought.With many pics included i got two choices; one is to put them all toghether in one file and manipulate them in rather quick and easy way, and the other is toleave the pictures in separate files as is and then manipulate them.Both have their strenghts and weekneses , in the first case if file is corrupt i loose them all, but its quick, the other is somewhat slower but if one picture file is bad i still got others and im fairly safe.So i decided to go both ways :). But never mind , i thought we dont need to be so safe here , we can always download tiles again right. So why not put all the downloaded tiles in one file. Probably one can access the data faster, and manipulate its data faster too.What im suggesting is that all the files in chache folder are combined in one file, structured so its data is fetchable as fast as it is needed.Had a few beers by now, and probably talking useless, of to molokai :)edit.: forgot to mention i got i7 920 , with 4870 fsx with acceleration , and i put the expected fps on unlimited with 100+ fps otherwise i get below 35.JollyRoger

Guest cbuchner1
What im suggesting is that all the files in chache folder are combined in one file, structured so its data is fetchable as fast as it is needed.Had a few beers by now, and probably talking useless,
Oh well, adding the cache as individual files required approximately 50 lines of code - whereas it would be around 500 lines of code if I had to maintain my own "directory contained in a file" (or database). So I did what was quickest - but I had to spread the files out over 1000 subfolders or otherwise the file system would bog down.Christian