Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Callmecapt

A long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask...

Guest Callmecapt

Is there any kind of possibility that PMDG will develop add ons for X Plane somewhere down the line. I have just been converted from MSFS to X Plane (Although I do still fly MSFS from time to time) and it appears whatever MSFS can do, X Plane can do. 3 days ago, I had absolutely no clue about designing aircraft in X Plane. Now I have designed my own panel for the 747-400. Granted, it's not an exact replica and it took me all of 3 hours to finish it, but imagine what could be done in the time it took PMDG to make the MD-11.Screenshots below of the panel I created. By the way, it's a PW engine. :( (3d cockpits are also possible to create but it requires more work, obviously.)7474003.th.jpg7474002.th.jpg7474001.th.jpgObviously the color is not right as I used the generic 747 panel and some knobs and buttons aren't right, as in the small portion of the overhead and a few little things. But I don't think it's half bad for 3 hours work and 1 days worth of reading up on how to create a panel in X Plane. Knobs and buttons can be created externally and imported.The whole plane maker interface in x plane is extremely powerful and it can also import 3d models from other 3rd party software like Blender and AC3D.Goran