Sign in to follow this  

Fly the B-717?

Anybody get this yet? Can you comment on the panel? Judging by the screenshots, it sure looks like a lot of default gauges in use there.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I purchased this yesterday and overall, it is a fairly nice package. I will first note that this is one of the lower priced payware packages and it is in line with its price. 1) Panel - I also recognize some default gauges here. Overall though, the panel is clean and the VC is also pretty clean and well done. There is nothing really fancy about the autopilot - no FMS or anything, just default FS2002 autopilot functions. 2) Aircraft - The outside visuals are very nice in my opinion. I am not an expert in the field of course, but I didn't see anything (like separations or odd shapes / sizes) thatwould detract from the aircraft. Very nicely done on the outside. 3) Sounds - Hmm, I think I hear some default 737 sounds in here too. The sounds are in fact unique, but I don't know that they are "all that" unique. Judge for urself here. At least it is better than just defaulting to the pure 737 sounds.4) Flight Dynamics - As much as I wish I could say that I am a real 717 pilot and spout off technical mumbo here, I can't. She seems to climb like a bat out of Hoboken and overspeed in a split (even with a full fuel load), but hey - maybe those BMW / RR engines really perform this way. Ground BMW's do seem to be quite zippy - so maybe the air versions are in the same class. 5) Adventures - I haven't tinkered much with these, but so far, they are A-OK. 6) Ease of Purchase - Purchasing was a breeze. I received the download link almost immediately. I did have some trouble with the installer though. I chose my default FS2002 directory as instructed and everything went to the right place except the aircraft itself. Instead of creating a B717 folder, it placed all aircraft files directly in the aircraft folder. This was an easy fix, I simply created a B717 folder and moved everything accordingly. I emailed tech support to advise and recieved a prompt response (albeit they advised they could not duplicate). Overall - I think if Microsoft were going to include a default 717, this would be like what we would see. That is not a complaint or a putdown - but this aircraft is not on par with PSS or Dreamfleet's work either. It is a good piece of work and I consider it worth the $22 bucks completely.

Dear Travis,since You seem to be the first who bought it, could You please answer some questions? I am interested in a good 717 myself but do not "Buy on the spot" due to some bad experiences.Okay, here come my questions concerning the exterior model:- How many independent controls are there for opening the front pax door, the rear pax entry and extending the forward stairs? -From the official screenshots, I cannot judge if the flight deck windows are see-through or just painted-on. Could You clarify that bit, please?Thanks a lot,RegardsTorsten

I bought it. Should of known better after a couple of bad experiences,but I thought a 717 would be nice especially one with VC and virtual cabin. Took it for a test drive and this is what I found.Paint job:(Scale 1-5) 3 Animation: 3 Stairs and Doors Main and aft both open, shift-e. A little too fast compared to others. FD: 1 Default 737 airfile.Cockpit: 1 Lot of default guagesVC 2 Cannot see guages, Lites too dim. Virtual cabin: 3 Not bad, Has wingview but no animations.Overall, I was very disapointed with this purchase mainly because I think it was too much money for a cockpit that was not more original. Nick

Yep I know the flight1 "iron knuckles", thanks. It's great, but's an "old" DC-9.But -it's not a 717 ;-)-I'd like (on a payware model) opening front door, rear door and front foldable stairs. Maybe I demand too much but it's my money after all.If SGA/FFX had done their MD's with these features... and maybe evolve the -9 into a 717... *sigh*Regards,Torsten