Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

I need some help folks, please!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,My fs2002 was running smooth as silk until I install the Norton system works 2003 into my system. I'm having pauses for 3 to 5 seconds every 5 minutes, I'm sure it has to be with the Norton.If someone experienced this problem and found a solution I will really appriciate it if you can share it.Thankyou in advanceJaime CuellarMonterrey, MexicoP.S.My system is working under Windows 2000 with every single update.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

so... what exactly do you need help with? If you know what the problem is, and you know what's causing it, the logical step to eliminate the problem would be to stop it at the source i.e. disable Norton (while running flight sim, anyway). Think about it this way: do you really need to be running Norton while you're flying? I don't think you're going to get any viruses (virii) while downloading real-world weather ;)hope this helps,Max Cowgill

Max is right. Also, Systemworks works in the background keeping track of registry changes, error logs etc. Some people may argue this but in all honesty. If your running Windows XP there really is no need to install the whole package. Install just the Anti-virus software and leave it at that. Remember to right click on the icon in your start bar and click on disable while simming.Bobby

Hi Jaime!maybe a scedules harddrive scan was running while you were using the sim, or another automated task?In any case, Max + Bobby are right, just disable it while running FS.I usualy do (although I must say I never saw a difference).Cheers,//Mike