Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanP

How to find European VOR Frequencies?

Guest PDX Bailey

I am in the process of buying Mesh, Landclass and scenery files for Europe. Does anyone have a recommendation of how to find VOR Frequencies. Either by using existing FS2002 methods or maybe an add-on which shows a high level visual similar to a sectional? Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Guest IanP

Hi...Have you looked at FSNavigator? That runs "on top of" FS and can be opened at any time without pausing the flight, zoomed, scrolled and investigated to your heart's content, whilst providing details on every navaid and airport you have installed.Commercial software, but worth the cost in my opinion. :-)Ian P.:-halo

Guest PDX Bailey

Thanks. A good suggestion. I checked their web site at FSNavigator.com. This looks just what I am looking for, especially when I can download it and have 20 FS sessions with a full product before purchasing the key.Several questions: is the product entirely in English? One of the screen shots on their site showed a screen menu printed in German, but the rest of the screen in English. Also, does this product slow down frame rates at all in FS2002?Once again, thanks for your reply.Jack in Portland, Oregon.

Guest IanP

Hi again,I use it entirely in English and haven't found a menu that isn't yet - my Secondary School German wouldn't let me understand it I found one, believe me. ;-)As with adding any modules to FS, it does use extra processing power and if you run enough of them it will give you a frame rate hit. I haven't noticed a significant difference to FPS with it running without many others active as well, so I can't blame FSNav for that. What I will say is that if you don't have a modern graphics card, it will take some time to draw all the airways when you are zoomed out a way and select them. When you see how many are included, this won't surprise you much!All I can suggest is that you download and try it. I have definately become a fan, as have most FS pilots I know.Ian P.:-halo