Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

RealAir Marchetti- Strange VC Panning Problem

Guest product

Hello,Just loaded up the RealAir Simulations Marchetti, and of course everything that's been said about this wonderful package is true- even better than I expected. Worth every cent and more! If you don't have it, get it. Anyway, I've run into a strange glitch that I haven't seen anyone else report on- in the virtual cockpit, I have my joystick hat switch set to pan the view. But in this plane, it seems like there's some imbalance between panning to the left and right in the Marchetti- left goes very slowly, while it goes to the right much faster. Worse, vertical panning pulls to the right, so when you pan up/down the view also shifts to the right as your eye moves up and down.I don't have this issue with any other aircraft, so it can't be my hardware, and while I do use active Camera Pro I can't see why that would be the issue either.Anyone else run into this or suggest a solution? Thought I would post to the board before bugging the RealAir guys directly.Thanks and Best Regards,Joel

Guest product

Actually, there does seem to be an issue with Active Camera Pro and this aircraft- I turned off Active Camera and the problem stops, turn it back on and its back. Anyone else have this issue?Joel

HI Joel,The developers of Active Camera actually asked us some time ago to help them develop the new version using the Marchetti as a test bed. The problem we had, and not just with the SF260, was that whilst spinning the active camera didn't "keep up" with the motion.On the panning problem, yes I've seen this, but also see it on some other aircraft, so I don't think it's just the SF260. Setting low latency (which I think is more realistic anyway, seems to help.Of course - we designed the SF260 for Fs2002, not for Active Camera!Best Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

>Setting low latency (which I think is more realistic anyway,>seems to help.>>Of course - we designed the SF260 for Fs2002, not for Active>Camera!>I've set a real low latency myself. Since the SF260 is really the most capable aircraft in FS2002 for aerobatics at the moment-------I can't have my eye's not keeping up with the airplane. With too much head latency, I get wild swings that don't allow me to see what I need to see until a second or two later. My favorite use of active camera is the easy "eye point" changing with the mouse.L.Adamson