Sign in to follow this  
sam13

FSX on a Windows 7 system

Hello forum,i have a problem running FSX on a windows 7 system. A month ago i bought a new computer and i installed windows 7 on it. Everything went fine untill i installed FSX. The installation of FSX and running it was without problems untill i installed some addons. I installed for instance PIC and PMDG and all had similar problems. Panels were not working, they appeared in the screen but the switches wouldn`t work at all. Loading default FS planes was without problems but when i load addon planes the screens is meshed up, i can count every pixel. Some sceneries are crasing the FS etc. I do not know the source of the problem but since all the problems are graphic related i assume that there is a problem with dx11 that Windows 7 are runnning. although i am not sure. Does anybody runs FSX on windows 7? and if yes does he has the same problems? And finaly does anybody have any suggestion on how to solve my problem?p.s. 1 i have made clean installation of W7, FSX and FS addons many times with the same resaultsp.s. 2 dissabling or enabling ``dx10`` preview from FS menu dos not solve the problem.p.s. 3 running on a gx295 graphic card with the latest driversThanx in advanceStamatis

Guest FlightHound
Hello forum,i have a problem running FSX on a windows 7 system. A month ago i bought a new computer and i installed windows 7 on it. Everything went fine untill i installed FSX. The installation of FSX and running it was without problems untill i installed some addons. I installed for instance PIC and PMDG and all had similar problems. Panels were not working, they appeared in the screen but the switches wouldn`t work at all. Loading default FS planes was without problems but when i load addon planes the screens is meshed up, i can count every pixel. Some sceneries are crasing the FS etc. I do not know the source of the problem but since all the problems are graphic related i assume that there is a problem with dx11 that Windows 7 are runnning. although i am not sure. Does anybody runs FSX on windows 7? and if yes does he has the same problems? And finaly does anybody have any suggestion on how to solve my problem?p.s. 1 i have made clean installation of W7, FSX and FS addons many times with the same resaultsp.s. 2 dissabling or enabling ``dx10`` preview from FS menu dos not solve the problem.p.s. 3 running on a gx295 graphic card with the latest driversThanx in advanceStamatis
First of all, W-7 is only a release candidate which means it's not finished yet. Secondly, many software vendors have not yet upgraded/re-written their software for W-7 yet. If those addons don't work after the "Official Release" of W-7, then you can expect help, or not from the vendors.

Guest desertkev

Hey there Sam 13, It is hard to read about new FSX install problems without thinking of what I did last month. New i7, 260, windows7. It ran ok, I was happy with it. Most addons were OK, others like photo real scenery and one of those pretty cloud program gave me funky graphics issues, and once and a while crashing. Turns out I forgot SP1...Doesn't hurt to ask...Good luck with the issue, I know how frustrating they can be..

Guest diajohn2

It could be you need to reactivate the payware. Mine runs fine with PMDG, Wilco 737, LDS767, Captain Sim 757, etc.

Hey there Sam 13, It is hard to read about new FSX install problems without thinking of what I did last month. New i7, 260, windows7. It ran ok, I was happy with it. Most addons were OK, others like photo real scenery and one of those pretty cloud program gave me funky graphics issues, and once and a while crashing. Turns out I forgot SP1...Doesn't hurt to ask...Good luck with the issue, I know how frustrating they can be..
I assume that you mean SP1 for FSX, did that solve any of your problems? So, do you run now FSX on W7 or not? Since i bought the new computer and installed W7 basically i could not ''fly'' any more so i am desperately sicking for a solution or an alternative to start again flying with FSX. By the way also FS9 has even more problems.
It could be you need to reactivate the payware. Mine runs fine with PMDG, Wilco 737, LDS767, Captain Sim 757, etc.
What do you mean reactivate the payware?

Guest desertkev
I assume that you mean SP1 for FSX, did that solve any of your problems? So, do you run now FSX on W7 or not? Since i bought the new computer and installed W7 basically i could not ''fly'' any more so i am desperately sicking for a solution or an alternative to start again flying with FSX. By the way also FS9 has even more problems.
Yes I am talking about SP1 for FSX, it solved all my issues. Yes I am running w7, now with FSX SP2 and it is quite good.Can't help with FS9.

Yes I am talking about SP1 for FSX, it solved all my issues. Yes I am running w7, now with FSX SP2 and it is quite good.Can't help with FS9.
So you run addons on FSX SP2 without any problems? Hmm i already tride this solution but without any luck. Anyway i will try it again, thanx for the tip

Guest dogtyred
So you run addons on FSX SP2 without any problems? Hmm i already tride this solution but without any luck. Anyway i will try it again, thanx for the tip
goodaye sam I have been running fsx and pmdg 747 on the pre-release windows 7 and have no problems. It ran straight away after loading. I am using a set of saitek controls and have not loaded the saitek drivers, however windows drivers recognize the hardware and run very well. I am using an asus p5q with an e8500 and 2g of ram. So far performance is far ahead of my old setup in win xp. I have loaded all updates/service packs for these programs. I will report futher if I have problems. Happy simming Dogtyred

Guest dogtyred
goodaye sam I have been running fsx and pmdg 747 on the pre-release windows 7 and have no problems. It ran straight away after loading. I am using a set of saitek controls and have not loaded the saitek drivers, however windows drivers recognize the hardware and run very well. I am using an asus p5q with an e8500 and 2g of ram. So far performance is far ahead of my old setup in win xp. I have loaded all updates/service packs for these programs. I will report futher if I have problems. Happy simming Dogtyred
Hi Sam, just an update on fsx in win 7. After my post I started to get some funky results. Fsx loads ok but the pmdg 747 would load without the settings, so I would have to go and reload all settings and the fmc settings as well. To get around this I save the settings in the pmdg save configuration, and then when I reload I load the flight first and then the pmdg config. So far all is well and the program is working well. To create the config file in pmdg you need to run the program as administrator. Hope this helps :(

Guest normael

Guest normael

]I am also running FSX on Widows 7 RC. I only have one problem. I am dual booting with Windows XP and have FSX installed on both.Whilst Fying the "Game Park" adventure, I notice that in Win 7, the maximum speed I can fly at is about 55mph whereas in XP I can reach a maximum speed of 72mph.Apart from that there are no major problems. Overall, I find that XP is more stable...........Normael[/size][/size]

Guest Thaellar

FSX is running well on Win 7 (x64) for me. Two things I do after reading all the excellent posts on Win7 and Vista over the past year.1. I make a directory called C:\Games and let FSX do its install there. End up with games/microsoft games/microsoft flight simulator x. The point is NOT to install under program files.2. Always install addons by right-clicking on the installation exe and select "run as administrator"This has kept me out of trouble so far. I like Win 7.Thaellar