Sign in to follow this  

Baron58 tips

Well, I think I may be on to something as far as flying this a/c. Here's what has been working for me and really seems to make the aircraft flyable. I set takeoff trim to the first line below the center. This is also with a full tank of gas. For the people who zig zag down the runway apply the throttle SLOWLY and smoothly, you'll run right down the centerline. With the takeoff trim set apply alittle back pressure on the stick at about 85 knots and it will smoothly and gently leave the ground. Nice. Now for the big stuff. As for leveling off make SMALL adjustments with the throttle and when using the trim just make ONE adjustment at a time. WAIT for that one adjustment to take place then apply more if needed but WAIT and give it time to settle in. If you wait for the new settings to settle in the aircraft WILL fly rock solid! You can make turns without any fluctuations meaning you can turn and keep the VSI pegged at zero no problem. The secret seems to be to WAIT for each and every input to take place before making any more or at least til you get a handle on how it operates. All the sensitive pitching up and down at the slightest touch of the stick are GONE! NO kidding! It's almost as stable as the Cessna if flown right. So far anyway. I have the sensitivities for the elevators and alerons cut back a bit to less. Well hope this helps anyone who would like to fly the Baron. It DOES work. William

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi William,I wrote a tutorial "Flying the Baron" for people who have the Pro Pilot flight sim based on data and procedures that I use in my real B55 Baron. If you would like a copy of it send me you e-mail address.Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilotflyers@citlink.net