Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

My review of the Aerosoft ATR

My first concern with this package was the lack of VC, but on seeing the quality of the 2D panels and associated views my initial fears were gone.The panel is very good, with very good instruments that are extremly smooth and nicely anti-aliased, there are no jagged edges on any of the vector gauges.The FMC, although not specifically designed for this ATR (it is the one from Dreemfleets 737) is a nice touch, being able to see your flightplan on the HSI is good.The package in it's self is a very complete package, with lots of extra's, one of these I found particulaly helpful was the Eurowings planner, which gives you flightplans from the summer 2003 flightplans of Eurowings with which to fly the aircraft with.You also get a load editor for the aircraft as well as livery installation program and confiuration editor, which allows you to change a lot of things in the cockpit, things like having a digital VSI with TCAS instead of the analogue one, you can also change the language of the voices that are heard in the cabinThe visual model is, although not as good a PSS's dash8, quite nice, it has many of the bells and whistles which we now expect, for example, opening passenger and cargo doors, when the passenger doors are open you also get cones around your plane.You also get a visual GPU when you have external power turned on in the cockpit.Another very nich touch is the pushback tug, which you operate from a pop-up in the cockpit.The textures are reasonably nice and you get a wide selection in the 22 liveries that are supplied.The installation for these additional liveries is easy thanks to the supplied livery install program.The manual is OK, although I would have prefered it if the pictures were a bit clearer, it expains well, the difference's in each of the supplied models (there are 7 in all).The automatic torque and power control is also modelled.The sounds are nice, nothing to get to excited about but they do the job.I have never flown an ATR so I can't comment on the realism of its dynamics, but it the 4 or so hours I have flown since getting the package all I can say it is a nice fly.All in all it is a very nice package, at 25Euros it is quite expensive, but I do think that it is worth it considering what you get for your money. 9/10Dan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!