Sign in to follow this  
Guest calnaction

"Snap to Panel" View Question

Hi,I spend most of my time flying the VC, but (until FS2004) still need to access the 2D panel for switches and such. I've thus set up a button on my yoke as the "snap to panel" view control, using the view assignments menu.The problem is that the button seems to forget its assignment or something, it works only the first time I hit it and then does nothing until I restart FS2002. Not a problem with the button, as it acts like this on any button I assign the function to... very strange. Anyone have experience with this apparent bug?Thanks for any help,Joel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey,I'm not sure what joystick you are using, but some have software you can use to map a keyboard key to a joystick button. (It might be downloadable as a generic utility for any joystick but I don't know) By doing this, you can leave the assignment to the default key setting for "snap to panel and set whatever button that is to a joystick action using the utility. Sorry this is kind of vague, but I've never liked mapping keys to my joystick, though this sounds like an alternative to the faulty method you're experiencing. Hopefully, someone else can give us a suggestion as to what software? :-hmmm Hope this helps, Joel! :-)-Cal