Sign in to follow this  

Suddenly, "vintage" aircraft are popular?

Guest kyle

I think you first have to understand that FS2004, 2002 and way back to the beginning sims were not designed just for you or for those that frequent online flight simulation web site. Out of the many thousands that purchase each version of the simulator, unfortunately, we are only a minority.To pose a question as you have - to me - would be to question why so many people purchase Flight Simulator. AvSim is an incredible site and it does wonders for our community but I bet you, in total, the majority of customers that purchase FS, have never even heard of this site or the many others - nor do they perhaps care to. So to ask your question, you must realize you are posing it to those people who have built, shaped and contributed to these web sites over the years that WE visit, not the many thousands that purchase the simulator year after year.If you were to classify these "customers" as non-enthusiasts of this hobby or aviation can only be your opinion. We live in a big world and although it seems small at times, we really are just a small piece of the puzzle.

Guest kyle

Turner112,I think you first have to understand that FS2004, 2002 and way back to the beginning sims were not designed just for you or for those that frequent online flight simulation web site. Out of the many thousands that purchase each version of the simulator, unfortunately, we are only a minority.To pose a question as you have - to me - would be to question why so many people purchase Flight Simulator. AvSim is an incredible site and it does wonders for our community but I bet you, in total, the majority of customers that purchase FS, have never even heard of this site or the many others - nor do they perhaps care to. So to ask your question, you must realize you are posing it to those people who have built, shaped and contributed to these web sites over the years that WE visit, not the many thousands that purchase the simulator year after year.If you were to classify these many thousands of customers who do not visit flight simulation web sites as non-enthusiasts of this hobby or aviation can only be your opinion. We live in a big world and although it seems small at times, we really are just a small piece of the puzzle.