Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Raytheon - views = memory issue?

Guest alanrco

Up 'till now I've not noticed much of an issue with changing views in 2D mode but with the excellent Eaglesoft Raytheon Beechjet 400A I have noticed that the update graphic when changing views in 2D mode is quite slow and there is hard disk activity as well. I've got a pretty good system as it is so would a ram increase resolve this or would I be dissapointed and out of pocket?Anyone have experience of this?ThanksAlanSYSTEMP4 2.66GhzAsus P4G8XATI Radeon 9500Pro512Mb XMS3200 Corsair TwinX ram120Gb/7200rpm/8Mb cache Maxtor H/D

You seem to have enough RAM. I have heard that 512mb is about all you want to get for FS in general because any more and you would not notice a difference. On thing I have done to increase the performance of my Beechjet, and this has worked for other aircraft as well, open the panel cfg and cut the pixel size in half under the VC area. Back up the original of course in case this doesn't fix it. You can also go to the eaglesoft website and they may have some other suggestions. This worked for me, and I hope it works out for you.Maybe you might also turn down the AI traffic or some other settings to try and make it work more fluid....