Sign in to follow this  

HEY YOU, yeah you, help me out will ya!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I would really like to be able to park aircraft along with the same airline, so specific airlines park at the same terminal and other airlines at a different terminal. Anyone know how to do this? This way certain airliners are not mixed up with others throughout the airport. Thanks for you help. Of course using AFCAD.I would also like to know if there's any way to add static aircraft using AFCAD. If it's not possible how soon does the aircraft show up before it's departure time, does it just pop up or what?

Guest PZL

Try the RAFCAD forum at www.projectai.com... you'll find your answer there.

RAFCAD or Overlays.Read about RAFCAD in the link above. It is basically a system where you assign airlines to specific radiuses and put gates that size where you want that airline to park. Disadvantages - Does not always work - AI might take larger radiuses if all of its own are used up.Overlays are what AI think are different airports. Assign 1 or more airline to each overlay. Disadvantages - you can only have the same number of overlays as runways (LAX has 4 runways, thus max of 4 overlays) because when landing the aircraft will only use 4 overlays. You can make 'static' aircraft by making flightplans for any aircraft you want to fly to a nearby airport in the middle the night, stop a while, and come back. Thus when you are in the airport the aircraft sits.FS just inserts the AI when you start up the sim.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Minor correction - If all the parking spaces are filled so there isn't enough room for an AI aircraft when you start the game, the program will spontaneously create aircraft once parking becomes available. Also, it will replace aircraft which crash (due to bad flight dynamics, usually) or aircraft which "go missed" more than once or twice on the same approach.If planes get "stuck" for too long (blocked by other planes, bad AFCAD files, etc.) then the program will make them disappear. I'd assume these will be re-created later as needed, too.