Sign in to follow this  

I don't get it

I was looking at my Jeppesen Sim Charts ver 1.0 for FS2000 and was wondering if I should upgrade to Ver 2.0 or if a new version will be needed for CoF. Basically thinking about using the charts for CoF. As I was looking at ver 1.0 I was thinking that there must be a small amount of data bases of DP's and STAR's including Jeppesen. So why is it that MS didn't include them in CoF (info released in a post here from a Beta tester.) Knowing its not gold and that theres still the time between now and when it hits the shelf and lastly that you still can create a DP by inputing the info in yourself with the flight planner but don't you think that when your designing your flight plan selecting airports and what flight rules and route that MS could of included a selection for DP'S and STAR's? I don't like to ever come off hard on the MS team but it just seems that the info is right there for them and to me STAR's are more important than DP's in the fact that it allows seperation and sequencing for landings. The charts have where you would expect to hold if needed and MS could have used this info to direct AI to hold. I understand that in CoF if your being over taken ATC will know direct the AI to go around which helps but that still might make for some close calls. Maybe the problem was that in design the new weather engine, the new application to provide taxi signs, and cleaning up the code from 2002 so that it runs even more smooth that they didn't have the time or staff to tackle the ATC in such depths so the made some minnor and useful changes to ATC and provided a easy fix to stop all the near misses and go arounds but now how will this new ATC do in getting you off the ground if you have a flood of AI landing? CoF is a great step forward by means of what I've read and seen its just ashame that they have a data base of STAR's and DP's and didnt include them with this version. They are now expanding the kneeboard to show all transmitions and I think it would be a tremendous plus if they allowed sim charts to load on the kneeboard in the event that you buy sim charts.My thoughts.Kilstorm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!