Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Weather and flying not at realtime

Why isn't there a weather utility that checks the date and time in flightsimulator and gets the weather belonging to this date and time from from the internet? Of course, if you always fly realtime it won't be a problem because weather utilities usually get the current weather. However, when you regularly fly in the past it becomes more of a problem to get realistic weather.There are some utilities that come close, but I'm satisfied with neither of them:- fsmeteo allows you in offline mode to download a specific metar file, but it's not automatic, and you have to repeat this hourly during flight because it doesn't progress to the next file on the server.- ActiveSky is able to check the time in Flightsimulator and get the correct data from the server. But it only thecks the time, not the date so you're stuck with only 24 hours of weather.Is there really no utility that does the trick? Am I the only one that flies out of sync with the real world?Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Why do you fly more than 24 hours behind? Doesn't really seem to be any purpose for that. Guess you better get to work on your own utility.

>Why do you fly more than 24 hours behind? Doesn't really>seem to be any purpose for that.Well, sometimes i just want to fly in a different season, or finish a flight I saved weeks ago. And sometimes i want to try to recreate a situation from real world aviation.>Guess you better get to work on your own utility.I doubt if I could reach the quality of existing software. All I ask is an added feature which doesn't seem too difficult to implement. Added to existing software, all that is needed is a way to check time and date in the sim and a server on the internet with meteo files for a year (which is about 200MB). Of course, if I'm the only one who wants this it's not going to happen.-Allard

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Allard,Active Sky will allow you to rename the weather files in order to use them in Offline Mode. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support