Sign in to follow this  
TroyChappy

Making Terminal Procedures For Level D 767

Hey guys, I am working on making terminal procedures for New Zealand airports in the level D 767. I have made a few by entering the lat/lon of the waypoints into the fmc because the fmc does not have those waypoints in the database. But the problem is the waypoints aren't being placed very accurately because the distances and headings between the waypoint I made and another waypoint is different from the charts I got the information from. I thought it would just be easier to add the waypoints to the wpNavFIX.txt file so I could just enter the name and the fmc would know the waypoint rather than me having to add the lat/lon for it. The problem is when i added a waypoint in the wpNavFIX.txt file in what i thought was the same format as the other waypoints in there, and i started FSX and tried to enter that waypoints name in the fmc it still said "Not in Database". Does anybody know what I could have done wrong, or what i need to do to get a new waypoint into the fmc database for the level d 767?ThanksTroy

Does anybody here make procedures for the Level D 767 by editing the wpNavFIX.txt or any of the other .txt files in the navdata folder for the 767? If so, how do you do it? Or can any of you guys tell me where to find a tutorial or help for editing the wpNavFIX.txt file or any of the other .txt files in there?ThanksTroy

Guest staang

Hi Troy,Sorry, not familiar with what you are trying to do. My best guess would be for you to contact the Level-D people and ask them your question. RegardsTerry

I had asked something similar to that question on the level D forums but the admins told me to search the forums for the answer, so I did and I'm pretty sure it isn't there. So I thought I would ask here cause that is what this forum is about.So Terry, you make procedures for the level D 767 correct? If so, how do you make them. If you don't then never mind.ThanksTroy

Guest staang

>>I had asked something similar to that question on the level D forums but the admins >>told me to search the forums for the answer, so I did and I'm pretty sure it isn't there. That was the easy way out for them. I'd try again and add that a search did not supply any answer. >>So Terry, you make procedures for the level D 767 correct? I do but your original question was about adding waypoints to the wpNavFIX.txt file so I am a little confused since that is not about making procedures. >>If so, how do you make them. I wrote a program to convert the raw terminal procedure data I have to buy into the XML format level-d uses. Ask LDS for a copy of the XML terminal procedures schema. It is not easy though. Anyway the 767 manual has a section about making SIDs and STARs. For a few airports that may be the easiest way to go and would put it into the proper format without you having to know XML.RegardsTerry