Sign in to follow this  

Hey!! I have a problem.

Hey guys, My name is Alex, I just joined the forum...I've been a long time poster at flightsim and decided to join the avsim community. I'm having a little problem...Ok...well I just got a new system:Pentium 4 3.0 w/ 800 fsb1024 MB PC3200 Dual ChannelRadeon 9800 Pro 128mbI had a 9700 Pro in my previous system and I had the same problem. Have a look:Look at how jagged the plane is!http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...ca00d2e41b5.jpgHere it is closer:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...d670d83d6b5.jpgThe plane looks nice, the textures look nice...but get jagged when the angle changes. This SHOULD NOT be happening. It didn't happen on my old Geforce 4 ti4200. I can still return the card and go for the Geforce FX 5900 because I'm absolutly sick of this problem.Sorry for my bickering, but ANY you can offer my frusterated self would be appreciated.BTW I'm running at 1280 X1024 with 4X AA and 16X AFhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...cab5e4b3e9d.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Alex,I can't see exactly what is wrong with your a/c (in the close up pic) but since you feel that you have the same problem with two video cards you should think in terms of adjustment and not faulty hardware.If you can lay your hands on "PC World" magazine, June 2003, you will find there (pp150-152) a short and useful article on "Simple tweaks for peak PC Graphic performance". Some basic advise there is to start with 1024 by 768 resolution before going higher. Another one is to work with the right true color (probably 32 bits for your card) and a refresh rate linked to your screen (72 hz?). Also look for the latest DirectX ver (it is 9 now). And there are other useful advises too. Some of the adjustments should be done with the utility that came with the video card drivers.There is also a question about your sliders in FS2002. Are they max, and what about antialiasing? In short don't give up befor trying all possibilities. You have a good card that should work.By the way, are all other components in your PC at the same level as your video card? Some times a non balanced PC (quality and performance) can cause trouble.Cheer up and have fun, after all it's only a hobbySeev

Well, here are my specs, they are well balanced so that shouldn't be an issue:Pentium 4 3.0 w/ 800 fsb1024 MB PC3200 Dual ChannelRadeon 9800 Pro 128mbASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboardI'm locked in at 1280X1024 resolution with my LCD, so changing is not an option. I tried hooking up my old CRT and got the same problem in all resolutions. I'm running 4X AA, and I have tried 6X AA but it doesn't work.

Have you tried different drivers for your card? Perhaps that will resolve some of the problem.

Alex,The guy who sold you the video card should have given you a cd with all the latest drivers. If not so (maybe it was an OEM) then try to download the drivers from the producer's web site.Seev

I'm running the Cat 3.4 drivers, which are the the only new drivers besides those on the CD to support the 9800 Pro. I've tried both and still am having problems. Thanks for the suggestions though...

Alex, does it happen with all your a/c ? Or only with some of them ?