Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

A Real AI Solution

I have been playing with AI since the TTools was introduced and have been tweeking ever since. I just purchased Ultimate Traffic the other day and I have to say that it's a pretty good addon to have. I think there is a lot of work to do, or tweaking, to get it to work right. I have done a lot of AFCAD files of my own that need to be incorporated and I really don't like the PAI models so I am trying to swap them for the FS Painter models. Why am I talking about all of this? I have a cool idea but I don't know how it would ever work. I have been thinking that it would be awesome to be able to have real time AI instead of programmed schedules. Imagine if you were to start a flight at LAX. Before you began the flight, you would have the option to update the AI traffic. Just click on a button and you would have a snapshot of the current planes at LAX and have them loaded when your flight starts. Their destination and departure times would also be loaded. Also, a snapshot of the traffic that was in a square mile box, whatever size that maybe, would be loaded as well. This would give you all the arriving traffic. Then as your flight progressed updates would be made so traffic in a certain square mile area would be fairly close to real time. Real time delays would be possible. Also aircraft in holding patterns becuase of weather related delay could be simulated, as an example. I think this would be awesome. I know it would take a total re-development of the AI engine but I think it could be possible. Best yet, all routes would be up to date for every flight. No need to worry about flight plans anymore. I don't know, just a thought.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!