Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

CH pro pedals and WinXP

Guest JTWhite

I just recently upgraded to windows xp, and, for themost part, FS works great.However, Ive begun to have an intermittent problem with the CH products' pro pedals.They work fine, then suddently they don't, sometimes during a flight.I can get them working again by unplugging the usb cable and replugging it back in.Has anyone else had this sort of problem. Ive plugged it into a diferent usb hub, but the problem persists.ThanksJohn WNewburgh, IN

Guest RonB49

Hi John,Many of us who had similar problems after XP have found that downloading and installing the latest Control Manager program fixes the problems. This seems to be the only way to get the XP drivers from CH Products. Interestingly, you never have to use Control Manager, just download it and install it and that gets you the latest and greatest drivers. The installation process can be a little worrisome as it installs some drivers that only the Control manager would ever use and the seemed unnecessary to me. But I let it do its thing and that fixed my intermittent pedal problems. You can get the Control Manager at www.chproducts.comOh, by the way, others have fixed this problem by using different USB ports or using a powered USB hub but for me it was Control Manager fixed everything. R-

Thanks for the tip. I had been using the Control Manager version 1.xx to no avail. (And tried a bunch of alternative solutions.) But having just installed the latest Control Manager v2.10--installing a dummy "direct" setup--the CH Yoke and Pedals happily stay connected throughout an entire flight.(This changes my "preflight" and "descent" checklists, eliminating the dreaded "unplug and plug" maneuver... :-roll )Hope that this solution will help others, too.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1