Sign in to follow this  
schroewo

747-X FMS problem

After reinstalling FSX and the 747-X, the waypoint altitudes at the legs pages are always set to the same flight level as the "STEP TO" altitude at the VNAV page, independently of the actual cruise altitude. E.g. cruise altitude is set to FL320 (which is also shown on the VNAV page) and "STEP TO" was calculated by the FMS to FL430. This results in a route at the legs pages with a cruise altitude of FL430.This behaviour occurs if I manually enter a flight plan as well as if I load a flight plan. The same flight plan loads into the MD-11 FMS without any errors.Any hint what I'm doing wrong?CheersWolfgangBTW: 747-X Version is 2.10.0040, OS is Windows 7 and FSX runs as administrator.

Wolfgang Schroeder

All that is basically for is fuel calculations. The AFDS (Auto Flight Director System) isn't going to climb the airplane unless the MCP altitude is set first. You can get rid of this by changing the Step Climb profile from "ICAO" to "0". The VNAV cruise page will still always display the optimal cruise altitude, and you can adjust the Step Climb profile in flight on this page as well.

Thanks for the explanation. Didn't thought that the legs page on 747 FMS works diffenrent then on the 767 FMS or MD-11.CheersWolfgang

Wolfgang Schroeder