Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Can someone answer this

Hi allThis is naot a rant or I want to know now post.I would like to know, If AFCAD is no longer supported in FSACOF, then how the hell will people like SimFlyers, Flytampa, get their scenery to work. I mean I thought AFCAD was the heart of Scenery, and without it the plane will just Taxi everywhere. How hard will it be for them?.Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

AFCAD is not part of FS2002, either. It's an add-on by Lee Swordy, who also is the genius behind Traffic Tools. The community owes him a huge debt of gratitude for the work that he's done on this.To say that AFCAD is "not supported" isn't quite appropriate. When Microsoft wrote FS2004, they changed things so that the existing FS2002 AFCAD will no longer work. AFCAD will require some upgrades, but sooner or later this will get figured out and we'll be back in business.Please be patient. This isn't Lee's day job, remember.And just in case, everyone say your prayers or sacrifice a goat or whatever. We really, really need this stuff...

As is normal with any new software release, not all things stay the same. That is very normal, but frustrating at the same time.Personally, I'm waiting a bit to upgrade to CoF for this very sort of thing. I have a lot of addons installed -- every from planes, mesh, scenery to utilities. I know some will have problems with CoF -- some minor and some major. I prefer letting the experts(read NOT ME) figure out what is involved in resolving any incompatibility issues. Depending on the outcome, I'll make my decision whether to upgrade or not. I'm sure the forums will be very active regarding this matter.Meanwhile, I'm very, very happy with my highly tailored version of FS2K2 and am in no rush to desert it.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

A lot of add-ons will have to wait until MS comes out with their software devlopment kits.....those kits usually wont be out until about two to three months AFTER the release of the simulator....the good news is that I hear a new version of Traffic Tools is on the way and that should enable users to set flight plans to do touch-N-go landings among other things....also many of your favorite airports have already expanded gates in FS2K2....so I am sure that until the SDK's come out, and the programs that we use to edit the simulator get updated, there will be enough in FS2K4 for us to enjoy in the meantime.- J[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b