Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Sound Skips, Gets Stuck, Jumps

Hi guys,I'm having a little problem with my MSFS2002 sound particularly with my new computer. Here are the specs:Dell Dmension DIM 4450Pentium 4 CPU 2.53 GHz2.52 GHz256 MB of RAMI've updated the sound drivers with the automatic update feature included in the Windows XP setup, but no luck. The sound sort of sounds static; it jumps and skips and the whole simulator pauses while the sound catches up when I switch views, particularly from the cockpit to spot view. It gets really annoying and sometimes jacks me up when I fly and I end up crashing or just plain losing interest :) How do I fix this !????I might forget I wrote this...so could you please e-mail me your follow ups? skankman@attbi.com Thanks in advance,Zach

BUMPAny suggestions anyone? You guys know best.

Are you using an NVidia / GeForce Graphics card by any chance? If so, which version of the drivers for it are you using? The newer NVidia drivers cause this problem in FS2002, especially when you start flying through thick / dense cloud layers. Don't ask me why or how this is caused by Display drivers, but it just does! I haven't heard of any cure for this phenomenom.Joe Wagner

Hang on in there for answers, Zach .. several of us seem to be having the stutter sound problem and there's a rumour it might be DirectX 9.0 causing it ... run the DXDIAG checks anyway to see what your own rig says to you.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Hear hear on the Nvidia drivers ... they don't appear to help beyond your own card's needs i.e. older cards, use older drivers ... all the new ones do is introduce new problems, like faulty 3D etc. My experience, anyway.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg