Sign in to follow this  
Guest HoggyDog

Stunning & Beautiful C47/DC3 Repaint request

Guest HoggyDog

As a teenager, I lived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with my family for 3 years as my Dad captained Ethiopian Air Lines ("EAL") DC3/C47's on a pilot-training contract between EAL and TWA. These aircraft had the most stunning and beautiful paint job I have ever seen on any airliner, yet I am unable to find ANY FSX repaints of it. If you have ever seen one, you will not ever forget it. On the other hand, since EAL flew these aircraft no further than Cairo and Nairobi, I guess most people have never seen one of their stunningly painted Gooney Birds. Let's change that!I'm flying the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC3/C47 (FS9 port to FSX by MAAM- the Mid Atlantic Air Museum.) I'm including a couple of pictures of these amazing paint jobs from about 5 years after I was there, showing the later iteration of the paint scheme without the white "EAL" across the tail plumage, and one picture of the "correct" 1957 tail with "EAL" on it.Would some repainter be interested in recreating this amazing livery for the MAAM-SIM "Cargo Drop" C47? I would do it myself if I had the ability. Please email me at this address if you could be persuaded to do so! Thanks.Later version without "EAL" on tailLater version without "EAL" on tail1957 "correct" version with "EAL" on tail

Guest HoggyDog

Apparently, two of the images I posted above were "too big." The board will not allow me to edit my OP, so here are the two pictures again, both now at 25% of original size.As info, these are scanned personal snapshots, not "copyrighted" material, since this seems to be a concern in these fora.Later version of livery without "EAL" in white on the tail feathersLater version of livery without "EAL" in white on the tail feathersThanks in advance to anyone who might be inclined to use the MAAM-SIM Cargo C47 paint kit to produce this stunning livery.

Guest Staggerwing
Apparently, two of the images I posted above were "too big." The board will not allow me to edit my OP, so here are the two pictures again, both now at 25% of original size.Later version of livery without "EAL" in white on the tail feathersLater version of livery without "EAL" in white on the tail feathersThanks in advance to anyone who might be inclined to use the MAAM-SIM Cargo C47 paint kit to produce this stunning livery.
Got your PM, oversized attachments are auto deleted in system.Avsim posting limits are;1024 x 768 max with file size no larger than 200K Plus, the photos must be your own and you must hold the copyrights to them.

Guest exidito09

Will there be a poll again every month which forum you want to see or is up to the management now?