Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest b108

Hey, What does this mean?

Guest b108

Just curious, 'cause I'm not a total computer know-it-all, (no offense to the people I hope will answer this!) but I don't know what this stuff is:You know those things in the lobby next to each session, there is a row of rectangles, and next to those rectangles is a number? Some of the bars are green in the sessions closest to the top of the lobby screen, and they have big numbers next to them like 456 or 3007 or 506. Everybody else, most of the time, is a session that has red and white bars next to a blue "-1". The most I have assumed of this is that these bars and numbers are some indication of your session's level of connectivity, or quality of connection.But my question for you is what does it actually mean?I hope I'm not asking something stupid, but I haven't found any clear explanations, so... (explanations? explinations?! LOL whatever...)Thanks for the help, whatever you guys come up with will be appreciated!

Guest PPSFA

They are a holdover from the MS Gaming Zone days. They show the 'latency' of the host, green is good, red is bad, the lower the number the better the connection. The ones that show -1 are not showing the latency because their modem/router is set to not allow 'pinging'.