Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Strenk

How to set Surface Winds in FS2002? How high (Alt)?

Guest Jim Strenk

I know what windows and buttons to push to create surface winds, and have been able to do that AND add winds aloft.Q1) By default, at least on my machine, surface winds upper alt is over 100K and FS2002 Pro insists on values <= 99,999. Is there a way to prevent over 100K values from showing up in the first place?Q2) How high should surface winds be set at? 500 ft, 1000 ft or more? Should it be just less than the lowest level of winds aloft?My intent is model weather that is consistant with the current METAR of the area I'm flying. I'd also like to produce typical surface winds on occations where I set up my own weather. I'm also aware that FD Winds Aloft as reported by NOAA, begin at 3000 ft, and report at 3000 ft intervals.Thank you in advance for your tips, suggestions or errata! :-wave