Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Doing a loop with DF Piper Archer

hi guys I have seen in a web somewhere that a realife Piper ArcherII CAN do a vertical loop so I'm trying that with my Dreamfleet Piper Archer II, and I also use Alert pro to monitor and generate failures. With only 20 pct of fuel onboard, everything went fine I manage to go over the top (elevator trim is up). When I enter downhill and try to pull out of a dive for level flight Alert Pro generated controlsurface damage for overloading the aircraft.(the Archer can widthstand 3 to -3 G) I know I can pull more gently but that would result in staying in a dive too long and over speed my aircraft anyway. I would like to learn to do it in the correct and reailistic way, or maybe I'm asking too much from FS. I don't know. So how can it be correctly done?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since you got over the top, just get some higher altitude to start with, and reduce power-- most likely to idle on the "downhill". MSFS is easily capable of this manuver.............but not all aircraft are capable of it.edit--- I just did a few loops, but was hitting 3.5 G's. I'd have to take more time to get correct entry speeds, as well as power settings on the downhill to get it perfect.........but no time!L.Adamson