Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

need some help configuring new joystick.

I just bought a MS sidewinder pp2 joystick and have a few questions, regarding controls.1) Whatever button i assign for brakes, i have to keep tapping that button, because if i hold it, the plane brakes for about half a second. Can anyone help?2) When i twist the joystick, the rudder moves, as well as the nosewheel. Can i seperate the two?3) When on the ground, moving the joystick left and right ( as you would to bank in the air) turns the aircraft. i though the aircraft would only turn at high speeds? Is this action some how linked to the nosewheel? Can i disable it?I would appreciate any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. For the brakes, go to the settings page in FS2002, then click on Assignments. That brings you to the Controls-Assignments menu.Now scroll down to the event "Brakes apply/release" and move the repeat slider all the way to the right.Now the brakes will stay on when you hold the button down.2. Probably not. That animation is built into the A/C model, and the only way to separate the two would be in the MDL file. And even a successful MDL hack would leave you without one or the other animation.3. If I understand your question correctly, (the part about A/C only turning at high speeds on the ground has me baffled) it sounds like you have autorudder selected in aircraft realism.Go to Realism Settings, and in Flight Controls click to remove the X from the Autorudder box.

thanx for the help. :) I will try the autorudder suggestion, but regarding my last question:I assumed on a joystick that moving the joystick left and right would move only the aelirons (or however you spell them!) I also assumed that moving the aelirons would cause the plane to move only when moving at a high enough speed so that there is sufficient airflow to have an effect. hence my guess that the plane would turn at high speeds.However, in FS2002, when i turn the joystick left and right the plane turns as if i am turning the nosewheel. I was wondering if there was a way to stop this from happening.thanx. regards,Bob.

OK Bob, We're on the same page now!Go to Realism Settings, and in Flight Controls click to remove the X from the Autorudder box. That should do it.