Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest b108

ERROR FOUND: POSKY 777 "Jetway Update"

(I hate small fonts in forums. I can't read a thing.)BIG NEWS!I haven't figured this out until recently when I tried connecting a jetway to a POSKY 777-200, after I had installed a package that updates the exits so that jetways can connect in FSX.The only info I have is that the title of the package is "Jetway_Modification." It allows the downloader to update POSKY 767-200s/-400s, and 777-200s front OR middle door. Because I don't want to violate rules at all, I will keep the name and address with-held.So, what's the deal? These jetways don't connect in the proper place. In fact, the top of the jetway is almost even with the top of the airplane itself-totally unrealistic; remember that we're talking about 777s, pretty tall airplanes. The difference is so great, (in my OPINION), that I can tolerate it no longer. It is just not very respectable; it looks pretty ridiculous when you look at it at virtually any angle, and while I have no idea how easy or difficult it is to do things like this to a plane, I want to assume that it can't be that hard to fix. So, does anybody know how to fix this? Can you guys check it out for yourselves? I'll show you a few pictures if you need me to.Do you know what I mean? I can't be the only person, I was really excited to know that there was a jetway update for POSKY 777s, but dissapointed to find that the jetway's incorrect position on the fuselage was blindingly obvious.I mean no offense to this package's creator; he tried and got the 767s perfectly correct, but this one is just bugging me. In his photos, you can see that, regardless of which door you choose (Front or middle), the positioning is still very inaccurate.I hope we can get some ideas flowing, and some feedback-I personally would like a little more understanding of how this guy might have done it in the first place. I don't know a whole lot about technical stuff like this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!