Sign in to follow this  
Guest Machdiamonds

FS2004 Multiple Screen Support

Apologies if anyone has already asked this question. I notice from the microsoft literature that FS2004 has improved multiple screen support. Does anyone know what this means? I have tried running multiple screns (3 screens) through a Matrox Parhelia on FS2002 and even though it was simple to set it up I kept getting jaggies whenever an airport came into view. I also successfully had wideview running on 3 pc's and 3 screens but found the time to get everything in synch took forever and my study started to feel like a sauna. I am hoping that FS2004 either solves the problems on the Matrox or has another way of running multiple screens from one processor.regardsBrad

BradI do not have any info on Parhelia but what I had read was that you must be in windowed mode in order to drag screens to multiple monitors. Maybe someone else can confirm. I really dont care to have a title bar on my window. BobG

Guest Machdiamonds

Maybe it's graphic card specific, but with FS2002 I can undock and drag panels to my second screen - and flip switches - with the primary screen in full screen mode. No need to be in windowed.One thing that doesn't work well is dragging an outside view (tower view for example) to the secondary screen. It seems hardware acceleration does not work on the secondary monitor, and FPS drops by 80% or more on both the primary and secondary screen. I don't have this issue when dragging a panel.I suspect this is a hardware limitation, but if it is not and FS9 does run smoothly with outside views on both screens, that would be nice.--MachdiamondsDell 8250PIV2.4- 1024 Mb DDRAti Radeon 9700 TX