Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grunt

ATR 42-72

Hello to all;Question, I have the CH Joke with three levers on top. In the ATR 42-72 when I'm climbing the speed of the aircraft begin to decrease. What is the procedure for propeller aircraft in relation to the three levers on my CH joke and the altitud of the aircraft. When to adjust what, how this levers affects the aircraft speed in relation to the altitude. I hope someone can help me here.Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here is a simplified answer...please feel fre to correct me if I'm wrong guys!The left most lever is the throttle....The middle is the prop pitch. This adjusts the angle of the blades. Move the lever forward to make the props "bite" more, pull it back to "bite" less (like during taxi).The right is the mixture. Lean (pull-back some) above 3000 ft. (generally) until the EGT is at the recomended mark (different for each aircraft). Try leaning the mixture slowly and observe the EGT reading (on the default C182S)...it will "peak" and then fall again...then eventually lean out so much the engine will stop. Try to lean to just under peak. Check the Pilot's Operating Handbook for the aircraft that you are flying if you can find one for the exact procedure.You can use Peter D.'s FSUIPC utility to fine tune the settings for your CH yoke (and may other variables in the game too).There are many more knowledgable people here (much more so than I)...feel free to ask! Good luck!B. StockwellCOO, Spirit Virtual Airlineshttp://www.westernvirtualairlines.com/spirithttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/18342.jpg