Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Panels and more Panels

Hello to all!Question; What is the procedure for me to add a new panel into FS2002, using one of the original aircraft, keeping the sounds, the gauges, and all the things related to the new panel out of the original FS2002 folder. Can I create a folder and tell FS2002 to use the original aircraft but to look for the sounds, gauges, paints and all the new things of this panel in this new folder.Thank you for your time!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello to all!>>Question; What is the procedure for me to add a new panel into>FS2002, using one of the original aircraft, keeping the>sounds, the gauges, and all the things related to the new>panel out of the original FS2002 folder. Can I create a folder>and tell FS2002 to use the original aircraft but to look for>the sounds, gauges, paints and all the new things of this>panel in this new folder.>>Thank you for your time!Here's how I do it. Let's assume I'm adding a new panel to the LearJet. First I rename the . . .FS2002AircraftLear45Panel folder to be . . .FS2002AircraftLear45PanelOrg. Then I create a new folder named . . .FS2002AircraftLear45Panel. I put the *.bmp files and the Panel.cfg file into this new Panel folder.Any new gauges are transferred to the . . .FS2002Gauges folder. At that point I'm usually ready to roll. Sounds associated with a panel are usually provided by the gauges themselves and custom "paints" are provided by the bmp files in the Panel folder. Of course, you should read the readme file and any other docs that accompany an new panel to see if any special steps are required. R-