Sign in to follow this  

Flight 1 Cessna 152...PIREPs?

I'm not normally a payware afficianado, but could be convinced to buy this one. I fly C152s here in COS (I77 actually, field elevation around 6800 ft)If anyone has this plane yet, I would be curious on a "pirep" flying out of I77 (Meadowlake) on a nice hot summer afternoon (or warm summer morning for that matter). Cessna 150 pilots get pretty good at thermalling here, or take off at reduced weight, or, when really hot, don't fly. If you get a climb rate over 500ft/min, it's way overpowered. My current model (a "detuned" Carenado model) climbs about 200-300fpm in the summer. DAs get up over 9-10K here regularly. The only 152 I know that gets the higher climb rate is the 125hp Sparrowhawk (higher compression "stock" engine) or the 150/150 conversion, with the BIG engine (relatively speaking).I went to the site, and the pictures showed a big rounded spinner up front, reminicent of the 150/150 conversion. Also, the tail looks short, like the older 150 tails. Cessna stretched the tails in the latter year 150s and all the 152s.Still, always looking for that really good 150/152. Curious to hear your thoughts on this one...DaveKCOS/I77(where they still pick up transient planes from the fields off the end of the runway every summer...folks figure the seats, tanks and baggage compartments were meant to be filled all the time!!!)