Sign in to follow this  

Problems after video upgrade

Hi,i'm experiencing problems in Fs2002 since i upgraded my videocard from a GF2 MX to a Radeon 9600 (non Pro).In Fs2002 the performance is low (no diff with the MX level) and while i know Fs's limitations being CPU-dependant i assumed there would be some improvement.Furthermore, the quality doesn't improve either. Changing the AA and AF settings in ATI's control panel doesn't impact anything, at least not visible. Also, performance is not affected by these changes.For frames, in the default Meigs situation i have about 15-25, it will not stabilize. Also i notice some serious stutters that weren't there before. About every second (!) or so the view changes like in a very old movie. It seems as if the frames are very low. But the counter says 15-25 nonetheless.I have all sliders maxed, except mesh (60%) and visibility (0 % , 60 miles) and everything else turned on. The same as with the old MX.What i've done sofar:Deleted the Detonators;Installed the Catalyst drivers;Used Driver Cleaner to remove some files that where untouched by detonator uninstall;Updated the AGP drivers (VIA, thanx to a tip from MrZig)Re-installed FS2002What else is left ? I'm not looking forward to re-installing XP home. The wheather over here is pretty nice and i know much better ways for spending time than feeding Cd's to my puter ;-)Any Ideas ?Thanx,CasConfig: Athlon XP 1600+, WIn XP Home, 512 MB, Radeon 9600 (21"), Elsa Gloria PCI (17") FS2002 Pro.

Try the Rage3D Tweak available at www.rage3d.com/Also try their forums. Lots of good information there. I have a 9500 Pro and it works great, so I can't help you too much.

Guest Max Cowgill

I hate to have to be the one to say it but when switching brands of video cards like that it's best to start from scratch i.e. wipe out your hard drive and reinstall Windows and all your apps. Even if you delete the driver of the previous card there are still settings related to it in the registry which need to be deleted. Sometimes it's just best to not mess around with things like that and just start all over. Hope this helps,Max Cowgill

>I hate to have to be the one to say it but when switching>brands of video cards like that it's best to start from>scratch i.e. wipe out your hard drive and reinstall Windows>and all your apps. Even if you delete the driver of the>previous card there are still settings related to it in the>registry which need to be deleted. Sometimes it's just best>to not mess around with things like that and just start all>over. >>Hope this helps,>Max CowgillThanx Max ! Not glad to hear that but i considered it inevitable. My problems still exist after trying some more. The fact that changing AA and AF settings (or any other in the control panel) doesn't affect anything in FS does annoy me more than enough to go the long way of reinstalling everything. Let the CD's come....O, and for the other reply: i will certainly take a look at the rage3d site. Thanx !Cheers,Cas