Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

fs2004 - a new positive surprise each day...

Guest jcomm

I have been trying fs2004 for about a week now. Each time I use it I find new, mostly positive, things about it...I would like to focus on the following, for this message:1) Weather settings and Turbulence model;=========================================This has improved quite a LOT! I don't exactly know how they did it, but the fact is that we now have the most great turbulence I have tasted in any of the flightsims I used, equalled only by FU3 and PS1.3...Another important improvement is that the new airspeed gages have been designed to filter abrupt IAS changes, and when you're flying across turbulent and gusting winds, instead of the wild/abrupt/unrealistic jumps we now get variations, yes, but not abrupt. In a word - VERY REALISTIC!!!!2) Engine Anti-Ice:===================While flying the Beechcraft Kingair across stormy weather I engaged engine anti-ice, and I noticed something had changed on the engine sound (?) After getting back to normal panel view I switched on and off the engine anti-ice control, and WHow!!! When you switch it on you get a torque reduction and various other parameters vary slightly until getting back to stable values again!!! I don't know if the ammount of variation is accurate, but at least I now know this is modelled!!! I haven't tested jet aircraft yet.