Sign in to follow this  

What on earth is going on?

I was happily flying last week on MSFS2002. Tried to fly today and get an error message onthe initial splash screen sayingFlight simulator has detected 3rd party software etc. Do you want to install the following software?It then shows only the file name ''Traffic.dll'If I choose yes it closes FS and returns me to my desktopIf I chose no it does the same.I have uninstalled FS and re installed.Still the same. I uninstalled and also deleted all the third party files then re installed and it did the same. I am at my wits end, has anyone any ideas what might be going on, but even better how to get into FS2002 again !!!?Any help would be very much appreciated.ThanksJW

Guest BobL

HiIt looks like you have an alien driver that was put there by an add-on. If you don't have Ultimate Traffic, I would suspect a guage or panel somewhere. Here's my recommendation:In the FS2002 main folder, find the file FS2002.cfg. Open the file with Notepad.Find the section (Old Modules) replacing the parenthesis with left and right brackets. If you don't have that section, add it immediately below the Startup Section. FS reads this file top to bottom so you want this right after startup.In this section add this statement:traffic.dll=1Save, re-start FS and let me know how it went.BobLOn second thought, if you don't know what this is, I would make it read traffic.dll=0 (numeral zero) until you do. If it controls something vital, then change it to =1

This seems to describe the issue perfectly. I have restored the PC, change some user settings and unistalled and re installed so many times now I had come to the end of my tether !It's a bit late now but will be doing this tomorrow evening, fingers crossed and thanks to both of you who repliedJulian