Sign in to follow this  
Guest FSXBuster

NVIDIA drivers 195.62

Guest FSXBuster

Installed new drivers om W7 Ultimate, and they perform OK, except that the shimmer is just too much!Need to set AA in FSX, and use anisotropic as well...Anyone else experience this?I have the XFX 9600 Alpha Dog @ 770/1920/1065.

Guest firehawk44
Installed new drivers om W7 Ultimate, and they perform OK, except that the shimmer is just too much!Need to set AA in FSX, and use anisotropic as well...Anyone else experience this?I have the XFX 9600 Alpha Dog @ 770/1920/1065.
I don't see any shimmering with my 8800GTX's and don't have AA/AF turned on at all with the display driver settings but DO have them on in the FSX settings (AA and AF are turned on in the FSX config). Shimmering can be corrected by going to your display driver settings, MS Flight Simulator X Program Settings, and change the feature "Texture filtering-Negative LOD bias" from Allow (the default) to Clamp. This fixed the problem for me when I saw some shimmering a year or two ago in FSX but I don't see it anymore with the "Allow" setting. Sometimes when you turn your settings up too high in your display drivers AND FSX you'll get display issues such as shimmering. Try using the default settings Nvidia techs set up in the Nvidia drivers and see if that works better.Best regards,Jim

Guest FSXBuster

Thanks for the assistance, I guess I'm a bit too optimistic on my settings, will adjust accordingly ;).