Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smiley

Dreamfleet 152 Turbulence Question

Guest product

Just started flying the new Dreamfleet 152 (having almost exclusively flown their Archer for the past few months) and it's a great plane. Recommended highly to anyone who likes to fly GA.One thing I noticed, though, is that it doesn't seem to be affected by turbulence as much as the Archer, in terms of the plane "bumping around" visually in the VC and spot views (as well as having more subtle responses to turbulence on the airspeed/vsi guages).Anyone else noticed this? I don't imagine that the real 152 gives a smoother ride than an Archer?Best,Joel

Guest Smiley

I've flown both of those planes in real life and the C152 even though it's lighter it is more stable in the yaw axis due to a larger (comparatively) horizontal stabilizer and upper keel<?> and since the wing loading is close to the same they should both exibit the same vertical effect in a rising or descending air mass. The 152 however, can be corrected easier due to the lighter feel of the controls than the Archer.I hope this helps :)

Guest product

Thanks, interesting information!Best,Joel

The 152 and Archer flight dynamics are by two different people, who might have differing views regarding "simulated" turbulence. I personally don't like heavy computer generated turbulence. It's not like the real thing, if my chair doesn't shake, and tends to give me a headache........ at best! :)L.Adamson